Moving Sale—Everything must go!

Did you know?

Jim and I have decided to downsize yet again. It’s been eight years since we last downsized.

We’re looking to move to a more walk-friendly neighborhood since we’re both getting much older.

We have our eyes on a specific neighborhood with great views and within walking distance of downtown La Mesa and a San Diego Trolley station. Freeway access also is great for when we need to get out and about.

We just need to find something in our top-of-the-list neighborhood. Our goal is to be in a new place, hopefully a permanent one and not a layover, by June 1, although we do have a few days built in for delays.

Meanwhile, we’re having a moving sale.

Everything must go!

Well, not everything.

Zoey the Cool Cat will be going with us, of course.

Thank you!

We want to move as little stuff as possible although we realize that probably no one is going to pay the price that Jim wants for his grand piano. However, if they do………………………..

We have everything imaginable—books, knick knacks, framed pictures, wall shelves, bookshelves, home furniture (kitchen table, huge custom leather sofa, beds), office furniture (6′ metal cabinet, 6′ metal shelf, display case), refrigerator, dressers, potted plants and unplanted pots, and more.

I haven’t decided yet exactly where I’m going to put pictures of things, but many of the smaller items will go on Facebook, so if you might be interested in things, follow me or friend me at Facebook.

moving sale

South Texas clock

I had that clock custom made from a company in Detroit when I was working there April-October 1994. It is 6½”W x 6½”H. $10 or best offer, as is with the South Texas map featuirng Kingsville (where I was born) and Corpus Christi. Or $59 and I’ll make a custom clock face with a map of YOUR choosing. Buyer pays shipping—

Need a unique gift? Birthday? Graduation? Marriage? Anniversary? Choose Photographic Art by Russel Ray Photos at Fine Art America.

Photographic Art logo

37 thoughts on “Moving Sale—Everything must go!

1. draliman

I hope your move goes well! I moved house last year, and it was equal measures exciting and terrifying. I did lose a lot of weight from all the stress and lugging boxes around, though 🙂

After being anti-stairs all my life, we’re actually looking at being up high, on the third floor, with two flights of stairs and no elevator. The stairs should keep me somewhat fit since they lead down to a very walkable neighborhood and city of about ten square miles.

Liked by 2 people

She hasn’t been there yet but I think she’ll really like it. She really likes it here right now because things are getting moved around, new boxes and bags, all sorts of new stuff going on to keep her curious little mind occupied.

2. kelihasablog

I just moved 3 months ago myself, my hubby and I “discussed” which things would not go with us and which would…. I was in a wreck on moving day so didn’t get to keep my eye on things. LOL I just realized that my antique telephone operator’s chair isn’t around anywhere that I can see… hummmm. Wonder what happened to that.? At least my 2 cats and dog made it. My outside cat climbs the fence in the back yard and goes on walk about, then comes back and climbs back in to eat and hang around while I would in the yard… LOL Good luck with your move!

The last time we moved 8 years ago, the moving company took the stuff we wanted to storage and brought the stuff we didn’t want. It was a mess trying to get them to switch everything without charging us again, but the boxes were clearly marked.

3. Photos With Finesse

Good luck on the house hunt and purge. The thought of moving scares the living daylights out of me – I’d have to purge 75% of my ‘stuff’ – have accumulated way too much over the years! 😀 That’s what you get when you’ve been in the same house for 22 years!

4. The Coastal Crone

If I were able to attend your moving sale, I would eagerly buy the clock! Really different! Good luck on the down-sizing. I like the idea of your being able to walk to a trolley station. Mass transit is not very good here in Texas as you know. We have been in this house 38 years and I am constantly trying to get rid of stuff. We talk of moving but don’t know were we would go. Portland is still easy to get around, though it is growing, and CC is just across the bridge. Good luck on the sale and move! Will Zoey be happy on the third floor?

We live within walking distance of a trolley station now, and keeping that aspect of my life is important to me.

I think Zoey the Cool Cat will be happy simply because it will be a new environment that will stimulate her curiosity in her old age.

5. Anny

Good luck with your move. If you saw my last post, you know we just downsized from 3700 sq. ft. to 1700 sq. ft. Luckily, the new owners purchased a bunch, we kept some, we donated a lot, and stored some for the farm. It’s a real process that hasn’t ended yet since we’re still in our temporary digs. You’d be surprised how much less you actually need. Hope you get to keep the piano though. 🙂

6. philosophermouseofthehedge

Zoey will love moving up high – lots to watch from a perch. I have not doubt you have wonderful stuff and I would grab armloads, but we downsized a few years back (and still needing to rehome some stuff) to a lovely walkable area. Much less stress when you don’t always need a car to get something. Even so, we are looking for something with an elevated view – where you can watch storms roll in over water. (RC Cat is voting for seagull heights). Who needs a gym when you have stairs? (as long as you can manage them!)
    Can’t wait to see where you two land. (Pianos can fly through windows..seen it done on the East Coast…music might be worth it?)