Mr. Rex's Dinosaur Adventure

Dinosaurs in Southern California

Out & About

Not too far from me, over in El Cajon, is the Creation and Earth History Museum. They teach that man and the dinosaurs lived together, that God created the Earth and the Heavens in 7 days of 24 hours, and similar such nonsense. Unfortunately, there are people who believe that stuff, including a couple of well-known politicians.

A little farther up the road from me, in Cabazon, is Mr. Rex’s Dinosaur Adventure featuring robotic dinosaurs and larger-than-life concrete dinosaurs, much more fun than the Creation and Earth History Museum.

Mr. Rex's Dinosaur Adventure

Mr. Rex's Dinosaur Adventure

Mr. Rex's Dinosaur Adventure

Mr. Rex's Dinosaur Adventure

Mr. Rex's Dinosaur Adventure

Cabazon is just west of Palm Springs, and the dinosaurs are visible from Interstate 10 as you are cruising along at, oh, about 100 mph…………….

Location of Cabazon, California

View Larger Map

This post approved by Zoey the Cool Cat

I recommend Russel Ray — that’s me!Real Estate Solutions

11 thoughts on “Dinosaurs in Southern California

1. MoreThanACat

Thanks for that. One day I hope to cross the Pond and visit such places, until then thanks for taking me there via your blog. Mr Rex’s Dinosaur Adventure looks amazing.I shall put it on my wish list

2. laurie27wsmith

Morning Russel it will be interesting to see if the creationists come after you now, they may whisk you off to the La Brea tar pits for a ‘good ole tar and featherun.’ I’ve been to a town south of Calgary where there are dinosaurs on every corner and you can go into a dinosaur via its butt and have a look at the town from its mouth. Kinda like dino poo in reverse. 🙂

3. opreach

Both of them are right on the side of the 10 freeway. I’ve passed them both, but never stopped. You have now intrigued me. I don’t think I’ll be stopping at the bad science and questionable (maybe even dangerous) theology site. But the dinosaur spot could be a fun place to get out and stretch my legs. Thanks for making me smile today!!

4. readingwithrhythm

We have dinosaurs where I live too! We even have a Creation Evidence Museum. Dr Baugh claims to have found human footprints along with the dino prints in our river. We get people from all over the world coming here to see that “evidence”. And we have lots of big cement dinosaurs too. But we don’t have one that you can go inside! That looks pretty cool.

5. Morgan Mussell

I love this place! It’s been years since I stopped there to look around and climb into the brontosaurus on my way west from Arizona, but I’ve never forgotten what a funky highway attraction it was. Thanks for the photos!

6. Margaret Griffin

Hi Russel, It is amazing how intrigued we humans are by dinosaurs. I bored my niece silly when I took her to the Melbourne Museum and stood under the skeleton of one of the large herbivores waaaaay tooooo long for her liking.

7. Pingback: A long time ago in a land far away | Russel Ray Photos